Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Seperation

It's only day one
and yet with this passing sun
I still continue thinking of all the fun
you and I had going through my mind as if on a run.

I still look at my phone in anticipation
waiting for an inclination
that you'll never forget me.

My head spins with feelings
of what could possibly be.

I get teary eyes
when I think of how we said our 'goodbyes'
it's been hardly a moment yet it feels like years.

I look in the mirror
and tend to get nearer
as I try to remember
your touch that still lingers like ember

I never knew you
yet your face brings me a clue
of why I feel so blue

Is this what they call love?
that emotion fits like a glove
get ready to release a dove...

1 comment:

  1. In my own remembering, I can see so many things.
    Days of bliss were much too brief.
    Longer nights of pain and grief.

    With each day, it slowly begins to fade.
    Thus memory, is never proof,
    only to hold aloft or keep aloof.

    Yet I hold on to our first kiss and dream of you at night.
    Yes, memory the survivor's tool.
    Memory is lost only to fools.

    Our love is written in the stars, and we are destined to be.
    I understand memories and they will often be,
    a twisted tale of mystery.

    I still wait for you, looking to the sun and moon.
    Memories may fade but never die.

    ReplyDelete